Thank you for your interest in Castle Estates. We provide online services to facilitate advertising, renting and related services for private landlords. Please note that we are completely independent of any other online leasing company.
Castle Estates is entirely UK owned and operated. Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd a company registered in Scotland under registration number SC203332
Our registered office is Castle Estates 14 Union Street, Greenock, PA16 8JJ
Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Z2031293.
Information and Data we may collect
- Information and personal data you submit when registering with our site or requesting services from us, including your user name and password
- Information you submit by completing documents or processes on our site
- Information you provide when you contact us
- Information concerning your use of our site and the services you receive, including transactions
- Information you submit to our service providers
- Comments, reviews and recommendations you submit to or through our site
- Information concerning your compliance with our terms and conditions of website use
- Data concerning your communications with us, for quality and training purposes
- Information you provide when you complete surveys we use for research purposes
- Details of your visits to our site
- Where you have undertaken a transaction through this Site, your credit/debit card information including your billing and delivery postal addresses.
How we use the information and data –
- Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and processed according to the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable privacy laws.
- To make this Site available, to provide content tailored to individual requirements; to understand your needs and provide you with products and services which may be of interest
- To make this Site’s Content available to you when you use third party websites
- For purposes related to providing our services to you, including verifying and authenticating your identity, processing your payments and payment system or card details in order to complete transactions with us or our business partners made through this Site
- To communicate with third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you or on your behalf
- To maintain any account that you may register with us and to provide you with updates or notifications of changes to your account and our policies and terms
Disclosure of information and data
- We may disclose the information we collect from or concerning you or which you submit to us:
- To enable the proper maintenance of our site
- To enable the supply to you of services which you have requested
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, to inform the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- To comply with any legal or contractual obligation
- To enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights our terms and condition of website use
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others, where such disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Storage of information and data
All personal data you submit to us is stored by us on servers held by us or on our behalf on servers provided by third parties to us. We shall use reasonable measures to procure the maintenance of appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal data that you submit. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect any personal data you submit, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data submitted to our site. Any such submission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to personal data.
When you conduct a transaction through our Site, we may offer to retain your payment details to save you having to re-enter these details on a future occasion. If you prefer that we do not retain these details, you may edit and delete any card information posted by you.
Third party information and data
You should know that when you submit or post any Content which includes personal data on or via the Site in publicly accessible user forums means that such personal data may be viewed by others.
Sharing information and data
We may provide non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is made anonymous by combining it with similar information of other users of this Website. For example, we might inform third parties such as potential investors, researchers and other similar parties, regarding the number of unique users who visit this Website, etc
Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd in terms of sharing, disclosing or transferring your personal data to third parties (“Disclosing”), reserve the right to transfer and disclose all data for any commercial purpose. In addition to this, there are instances where we could be compelled to reveal such data in order to comply with (including but not limited to) any applicable law, summons, search warrant, Court or regulatory order, statutory requirement, breaches of our Terms, exercising our legal rights, and if some other party proposes to acquire some or all of our business and/or assets we may disclose that date to that party in connection with the actual or proposed acquisition.
We or our business partners may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your contact details, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such information from us or our business partners please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd, 14 Union Street Greenock PA16 8JJ
We may keep personal data we collect (or procure the collection of) from or concerning you or which you submit to us for a reasonable period for the purposes mentioned above.
Third party links
If you enter any competitions via this Website, you may be asked to enter certain personal data so we can notify you, if necessary. Exact terms and conditions and rules of each competition will be posted at the time of the competition and may vary. If a prize is offered through a third party, we may need to disclose information to the relevant third party in order to facilitate the distribution of any prize.
When you participate in any online surveys you may be asked to supply certain personal data, for example age or income. Provision of all or any of the requested information is entirely at your discretion. Survey results will be used to improve users’ experience of this Website and not for any other purpose. We may use such information for PR purposes but only in aggregated form.
Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd or all or substantially all of its assets provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of our Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be given an opportunity to opt-out.
Data Protection Act
For more information on the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner please see www.ico.org.uk
You can view your Personal Data at any time and modify them once logged in. Should you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the Personal Data held by us about you, or have any other queries please email email@example.com including full details of your request.
We will charge a small administration fee in relation to fulfilling a request for access to Personal Data.
TELEPHONE, SMS and Emails
Castle Estates (Glasgow) Ltd services include sending SMS and email messages as follows;
We send text and/or email messages about prospective tenant viewing requests. We forward the name and phone numbers of persons enquiring about particular properties to our landlord customers.
We arrange credit checks on prospective tenants and their prospective guarantors for landlords who require that service.
We send email messages to prospective tenants and guarantors of prospective tenants with information about credit checks. Once credit checks are undertaken, we send to landlord customers the results of the credit checks which will include personal data about the prospective tenant and/or guarantor.
We may collect your personal data for quality assurance, compliance and training purposes by monitoring and recording sms, email and telephone communications with you or between you and third parties using our systems or that of our agents.